Last night October 25th, the San Diego Press Club recognized this site with 8 awards including three first place nods.
While the San Diego Press Club is one of the largest in the nation, the judges for these awards are not San Diegans. Other press clubs around the country receive the entries and pass judgement. The San Diego Club does the same for the press in those cities. It’s a unique system that helps ensure the magazines, newspapers, websites and writing are judged on their merit.
Dance and Theater critic Kris Eitland, Music Critic Ken Herman, Exhibitions critic Kraig Cavanaugh and Theater critic Bill Eadie all earned individual awards:
Daily newspaper and websites: Reviews: Live Performance
- 1st place – Kris Eitland – “Haunting, Cathartic ‘HealingWars’ Hits Home“
- 2nd place – Ken Herman – “Montreal Symphony Arrives with Star-Power Pianist Danil Trifonov and Conductor kent Nagano“
Daily newspapers and websites: Reviews: Misc
- 3rd place – Kraig Cavanaugh – “Naughty, Traditions and Wood: A 2-part Review of the 2015 San Diego Art Prize Echibition (Part 1)“
Daily newspapers and websites:reviews: Theater-Opera
- 3rd place – Ken Herman – “San Diego Opera’s ‘Madama Butterfly’ Vocal Paradise“
Daily newspapers and websites: Essay/Commentary/Opinion
- 3rd place- Bill Eadie – “New York and San Diego’s Symbiotic Theatre Relationship“
And then, the whole team won prizes for the site. This is the second year running that sandiegostory.com has taken First Place for Best Entertainment Website:
Websites: Blog – News and Opinion
Websites: Entertainment Site
Websites: Overall Use of Design